Sunday, February 17, 2008

What do you call smashed tomatoes?

 

That's right. I'm here to ketchup, er, I mean, catch up.

It's been a while (bad, Alison, bad!) and every day that goes by without blogging something new, I tisk tisk myself and think "Oh well, ONE more day can't hurt." Well, it does hurt. So, here I am with an e-band aid, trying to cover up the boo boo I've made!

But at least I come with good news! Since the last time I've blogged, B and I picked out our baker for our wedding! We will be using Skiff's in Simi Valley who has a great relationship with our Spanish Hills so that's always a plus. I'm thinking the 3-tiered sugary goodness will look like this, BUT, all white with pink and orange ribbon and pearlized trim. Plus, the florist will plop some of our flowers on random sides of the cake. At the top will stand a whimsical "F" - my new last initial!

Also, since I last blogged, I had my first dress fitting! I never felt prettier than when Stacy at Bridal Elegance slipped the dress on -- and that was without my bling, hair, makeup and my groom at my side! I can't even imagine what it will feel like to wear the whole getup on the official day. I'd post pictures of my fitting, but... one of my loyal readers (out of the 2 that read this I'm sure) is B himself, so my other reader(s) will have to wait for the final product after the wedding! But let me just tell you: it's purrrrrrrrrty!

There is a small list of items to check off our list that will happen over the next three months. Otherwise, all the really big stuff is out of the way!

B and I aren't obsessed with Valentine's Day, but it was kind of nice to celebrate our last VDay as betrothed boyfriend and girlfriend. It was special for its own reason. Remember in elementary school, you'd celebrate 100 Day and make Fruit Loop necklaces with 100 rings on it, you'd do art projects with 100 pinto beans, or you'd make a list of your 100 favorite things? Well, Valentine's Day marked our 100th Day... until our wedding! Made the day of love a little lovelier! We didn't play with cereal or get crafty with pennies to make a dollar (good math, Alison!), but we got excited as we knew the rest of our countdown would be mostly double digits! Woo hoo!

No comments: