Saturday, November 1, 2008

What a trick-or-TREAT!

Ever since I started planning my wedding, I started looking at photographers' blogs to catch up on the current trends in photography and weddings. I learned so much about styles of photos and reception decor, yes, but I also learned about the publishing of a blog.

I'd be lying if I said the wedding photography blogs I read didn't inspire me to create my own blog almost a year ago. And while I have no intentions to be a professional photographer or work in the wedding business, I've always wanted to blog like a wedding photographer. Their blog entries are so personal -- not about themselves -- but about their subjects. They really write beautifully AND showcase their gorgeous photos and by the end of the post, you feel like the featured person or couple are your best friend.

Some of my favorite photographers categorize their blog entries:

Day After: Marge and Homer, Anytime: Wilma and Barney, Wedding: Lucy and Fred... and then follow with a series of photos from that shoot.

Well, for one day, I present to you :::cue:  magical fairy dust and bell chime flourish music:::

AliGoesPHOTOBlogWild.

 

Halloween: Princeton

Princeton is a sweet dog with a great personality. He's such a loving creature and enjoys the company of his human friends and family. His good looks and expressive face make him a wonderful photography subject, so on Halloween we conducted his very first photoshoot with many poses and candid moments. Princeton, all dolled up in his PetSmart pumpkin costume, worked the camera and was totally feroche. I love when my clients feel comfortable in front of the camera so I can really capture creative poses. Princeton was so cool; he pretty much did anything I told him and was open to my ideas. Thanks, Princeton, for letting me a part of your special first Halloween! And now, without further ado, Princeton as the Great Pumpkin.

IMG_2965IMG_2970 IMG_3000 IMG_3010 IMG_3006 IMG_2987 IMG_2967

3 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

you are absolutely adorable m'dear! And your dog is precious. Happy Halloween Princton!

Anne K. in L.A. said...

Princeton certainly is feroche!

Look at all the toys in his bed. He really has come a long way, hasn't he?

Speis Girl said...

princeton has more toys than petco! he's so adorable!