Monday, January 21, 2008

In A New York State of Mind

We're leaving for New York on Tuesday for a few nights in the city and a couple nights in Rochester! I may come back with no ass because it will probably freeze off. This impromptu trip that was ticketed just a week before the departure date is exciting to me in so many ways.

1. We will be visiting B's sister,
Same Name, who normally lives in the city, but who just temporarily moved to Rochester for a theater gig. So, it'll be cool to hang out with her and during her birthday weekend, too!

2. We will be seeing some shows in the city -- I checked the
TKTS boards for shows that were sold at discounted prices last week and there seems to be a great selection if the trend continues this week. There may be some Spamalot or Mary Poppins in our near future which would really slap a smile on my face and make me forget that my ass fell off due to the freeze. How I will sit on a seat in the theater is yet to be determined due to the lack of ass. And crystal ball.

3. We will be eating pizza and will be taking advantage of The No Diet On Vacation rule. If New York Pizza and Chicago Pizza were on American Idol, I would be voting for New York Pizza because, as Simon might say about a moron who can't sing, Chicago Pizza is absolutely dreadful. I am the Paula Abdul for New York Pizza -- I love it and think it's great and it should continue to do what it's doing: feeding my frozen-off and diet-forgetting, vacationing a
ss.

Dear Ray's on 8th and 51st, I love you and can't wait to get saucy with you soon. Keep your oil fresh and your cheese gooey for me just the way I like it. You are my doughmate. Love, Alison


4. We're going to some museums! I really want to go to MOMA again because seeing famous shit makes me all sappy. Seriously, when I saw Van Gogh's Starry Night a few years ago, I cried. It's kind of embarrassing. I think I also want to head over to the Jewish museum. I always dig learning about our people, and I think NYC will have a pretty good representation of all the shlimazel (good fortune) and tsores (troubles) that paint our history.

5. Free room and board. This is seriously a treat. Since Same Name will be in Rochester, her studio on the Upper East Side is vacant and it would be a crime for her awesome Ikea furniture to go unused while her brother and future sister pay for a hotel out of their, may they rest in peace, frozen asses. So, the doorman (eeeeek! A doorman!) will give us her key upon arrival and we will studio-sit Same Name's pad. Score!

6. I love going on vacation with B! We've traveled to Europe on a cruise and we celebrated our engagement with a drive up the coast to Napa Valley. We've done sightseeing in San Francisco and partied in Vegas.
A few weeks before B proposed last winter, we experienced our first New York together as a couple and it was so much fun! I hope we can make this an annual thing.

1 comment:

gee said...

Sounds like your trip will be fun. Bundle up.