Monday, June 16, 2008

Mawwaige

"Mawwaige. Mawwaige is what bwings us togetwer today.
Mawwaige, that bwessed awangment, that dweam within a dweam."

 

No, I didn't marry Wesley, but it wouldn't be inconthievable to say that I am more in love today than I've ever been. And that's because I married B!

On May 25, we finally got hitched and it was truly the happiest day of my life.

But let me back up. There was a lot that happened before.

First, our amazing friends Jordana and Chris produced, edited, and created magic for our last minute "casting package"-type video that we played at our rehearsal dinner for about 45 of our family and friends.

Here it is!

It was a hit! So was the whole rehearsal dinner! Our parents created - along with the help of BFF Nivek - this fantastic slideshow that categorized all of the photos B and I have taken over the years together. We learned that we do a lot of eating, a lot of theater, a lot of traveling and a lot of things with family and friends. It was super cool and I think that all of our guests enjoyed the self-promoting entertainment.

It was just so nice to have all of our out-of-town guests and bridal party in one place to party and kick off the wedding weekend.

When we arrived at Cisco's and I started to see all of our people gathering together, the wedding finally started to feel so real and I got this rush of excitement and energy that I hadn't felt before. I'd been so consumed with details, that I never really took the time to think about US; to think about WHY all of these people chose to spend their weekends in Ventura County. And I melted. It was the start of many happy tears to come.

Not to mention, we all looked pretty hot!

The groom with his bride!IMG_1792

 

With Annie, the best maid of honor/makeup artist/friend ev-er.IMG_1793

Brian, the best Best Man ev-er!IMG_1803

My fabulous 17-year-old cousin Rachel sang one of my favorite songs, "Overjoyed" by Stevie Wonder - it was beautiful!IMG_1819

And Alison, my new sister-in-law sang "L-O-V-E" accompanied by her and Bryan's dad on the guitar! Sounded cool!!IMG_1822

My bridesmaids are totally cute with their personalized bags and overall good looks. We had so much fun all weekend!!IMG_1825

B had a pretty good lookin' bunch of guys, too. We loved how well everyone got along!IMG_1842

 

The Bride and Groom with their almost-in-laws!IMG_1837

The music, the pictures, the videos, the yummy food: our rehearsal dinner couldn't have been more perfect! The only thing that could possibly go wrong the rest of the weekend would be rain... and since we moved the rehearsal dinner inside from the patio at the last minute, we were hoping that that would be our only change for the whole weekend, and fortunately it was. We left Cisco's around 10 p.m. right after B and I said our goodnights and kissed for the last time as single people in love. Eeeeeeeeeek!

More recap to come...

2 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I'm so glad that everyone liked the video. And you look so freakin' adorable! Heart the dress. Super excited to hear about the rest of the wedding awesomeness

Anne K. in L.A. said...

I love your dress. Why isn't there a clip of your other slideshow?!