Friday, June 27, 2008

We WOOD do it again, too!

B and I made our very first big purchase as husband and wife: we ripped out the carpet and put in wood floors. Well, kind of.

The same beige carpet had been in B's condo since he moved in but before I came in and womanized the place, B and his old roommate didn't exactly take THE best care of the carpet that covered the whole downstairs (except for the entryway, powder room and kitchen) and it was pretty unappealing by the time I moved in. For the past year, I've done everything I could to diminish the eyesore that the carpet was in some areas. Rugs covered stains that wouldn't come out. Furniture stylized the otherwise monocolored room. Still, though, the place screamed 1980s.

I'd wanted to rip it out and put in flooring for a while and was constantly told "after the wedding, dear. After the wedding." Well, guess what, the wedding is over and I wanted that damn carpet OUT!

So last Friday, workers came to install our new laminate flooring and at the end of the day, our downstairs got such a nice facelift. And, rumor has it, the sound of little (fur)baby feet pitter-pattering on the floor will be music to my ears.

We're both super happy with the result and I think you'd agree it makes such a difference! Yay for new flooring to make a home less homely and more homey!

BEFORE:

IMG_2471 IMG_2472 IMG_2473 IMG_2475

AFTER:

IMG_2516 IMG_2517 IMG_2518 IMG_2519 IMG_2520

1 comment:

MissJordyPants said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAH (Super Super Jealous). This girl wants hardwood with a passion.