Saturday, March 15, 2008

Scootin' Up North

Just thought I'd write a lil diddy here before getting some shut eye. Early morning Saturday wake-ups are usually unacceptable to me, but we're early risers for a good reason! B, BFF Nivek and I are driving up to the Bay Area to celebrate Tim and Rachel's recent nuptials. They got engaged about a year after B and me, and were planning for a September '08 wedding day, but decided they'd waited long enough (six years!) so they thought a wedding with Aloha Spirit would do the trick. Instead, in December '07, they tied the knot! So, an at-home reception is being thrown for them and since we couldn't skidaddle to Hawaii a few months ago, we're excited to go toast them in Los Altos for a night!

During our quick jaunt through NorCal, we'll chug a little vino, visit the Sarah Winchester Mystery House (I went as a kid and it was super cool!)  and eat some grub in B's college town of San Luis Obispo. It's exciting to take a little road trip -- especially when it's in your free company car!

So, a hearty mazel tov to Tim and Rachel, with whom BFF Nivek and I have shared many fun times at UofA. I'm glad Tim and B will finally meet! And I always adore hanging out with Rachel.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         With Rachel at Graduation May 2005

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Tim and Rachel graduate together as college sweethearts!

IMG_0177 Rachel and I when I visited her in San Diego last winter

3 comments:

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

JD and I took a road trip down the coast last year and stopped at the Winchester Mystery House. I LOVED it!
We also stopped at a restaurant in Pismo Beach called "Cracked Crab" and it was so yummy! If you like shellfish try to stop by!

MissJordyPants said...

I'm so excited to be back on the blog!

Now, get thee to an update.

Unknown said...

Dude...I feel like such an ass...even though I saw that "Top 20 Most Haunted Places Show", I had no idea the Winchester House was in CA until I read it here. Look at me...gettin schooled by Ali's blog. :)