Sunday, March 30, 2008

When the Fiance's Away...

The Fiancee plays.

What do I play? I play "productivity."

B is in Vegas partying it up his not-for-much-longer bachelorhood. P1010013He's never been a huge partier to begin with, so I can't wait to hear stories of survival. That is,  if he'll tell me! When THE Best Man told me all about it, it sounded like it would be an awesome weekend full of everything B loves. And that's why he's THE BEST Man. An old Seinfeld joke would question why the bride doesn't just marry the best man. After all, he is the BEST man. But ours really is. He's just so cool and he "gets it." He's a wonderful P1010010friend to B and through their friendship, I feel close to him, too.  He's been a fabulous support system to BOTH of us during the wedding process and has bent over backwards not only fulfilling his "duties," but making us feel at ease and pumped about the big day. So, I have no doubt that he threw together a kick ass bachelor weekend. I'm so jealous! Not in a crazed-jealous-overprotective-untrusting way; in a I-wanna-hang-with-the-guys-and-go-drinking-and-do-Vegas-things jealous.

Meanwhile, I've been at home, basically mute, for the past day and a half. Aside from spending a few hours with My Favorite Pregnant Lady and her husband on Friday night (where we had our usual deep 5 hour talks that speed up time like crazy ; it was nice: we talked about their wedding and relived some of their favorite memories. They're IMG_0544both so talented with media -film and photography- that they are the best at documenting amazing moments in their relationship. Makes me wish I had paparazzi following me around all the time to capture important times in my life!), I've been all by my lonesome at home trying to organize, do wedding things and catch up on some worky-work. I really only heard my voice when I was dealing with the Kinko's people.

And why was I at Kinko's? Well! This is where the productivity comes in. I'd been dreading printing and cutting some of the necessary paper items for the upcoming nuptials, so I finally bit the bullet today and Kinko's was actually wonderful for producing my materials for REHEARSAL DINNER privateme and not even charging me full price! B and I designed the directions cards that go inside the wedding invitations and the rehearsal dinner invitations that will be mailed separately, but I thought it would be a super-duper headache to actually make them come alive on paper. 'Twas a cinch! So, 2 big PITA things checked off the list.

Tonight, I designed our menus. Still not sure if I'm totally done, but I got it on the right path. Wedding MenuI'm no BFF Nivek or Anne, but I get the job done. Maybe I'll have a designer friend tweak it, but it's basically laid out, so yay!

B comes home Sunday night and I can't wait to see him. I miss him so much and have been thinking about him non stop since he left. I'm just so excited for him and happy that he has such awesome friends. During a big time in our lives (like, oh, ya know, a wedding), we learn who our real friends are, and I'm pretty sure he has a nice, fun batch!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I feel so special - a blog mention AND photo! :-) Glad we could help fill your B-less weekend. I'm proud of us both for being so spontaneous! All I have to say is it's a good thing there's not a 'Nothing Bundt Cake' near me. I'm still dreaming of that sweet cinnamon swirl taste in my mouth!

weezermonkey said...

It is good to hear that you have supportive people! I was worried for you for awhile. Always remember these people when the going gets rough with the others. :)

MissJordyPants said...

Good for you and your supportive people!

I'm always so productive when Chris is gone. Then he comes home and I turn into a lazy blob.