Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sushi Fest and Wedding Talk!

Last night, I tried some veddddy interesting pieces of sushi. I knew I could trust my Sushi Mentors with different rolls and species of fish. After all, we speak the same language: Wedding Talk.

Even though I try my best to be a very levelheaded bride, I'm still paranoid that my fiance and friends see me as a Bridezilla because, well, they just don't understand this experience firsthand.

There's a lot that goes into planning the perfect wedding day and even some of the closest people to me just can't comprehend. Hanging out with a special group of fellow Knotties at Katsu-Ya in Studio City and talking about our recent/upcoming weddings could not have been more perfect! It'd been a while since I'd had a girls night and it was so refreshing to all be on the same wedding wavelength! These girls just GET IT. My fabulous Date Twin patiently explained the ways of sushi to me (I am a mere beginner) while we all discussed rude wedding guests who don't bring presents, ceremony music, bachelorette parties and the, um, colorful personalities we encounter online. Yes, I said online. It's true -- these faces used to be just black-and-white text but after meeting in real life a couple times now, I can honestly say that they are super fun, smart, witty and, well, BRIDEY! While we all come from different backgrounds and interests, we have a common bond that not even our fiances/husbands understand, and that's what makes hanging out so fun!

This is where I'd post a picture... but we didn't take one. Ironic, since we're all photo-obsessed!

Thanks for a great night!! Can't wait to do it again.

TOLD ya I'd Blog! :)

3 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

Excellent blogger!

Others just don't get it. Sometimes I don't think I even get it. So happy that you're no longer black and white (although super fabulous) text in my life!

Anne K. in L.A. said...

You win for being the most efficient and timely blogger. I would blog about last night, but alas I have no pictures. Where were all the cameras?! Besides, I think your recap is far better than anything I would have wrote.

P.S. Feel free to use my real name;)

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

The outside world will never understand us!
I feel like I need to have a secret life, because my coworkers mock me for having "knot" friends, but you guys are more fun and have more in common with me and than many of my other friends. Plus now you are all REAL!