Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Computer Crash and Burn

I tapped the touch pad. I frantically pressed the ENTER button. I glided my fingers along random keys. Nothing. Blank. Black.

This is when I would be freaking out, screaming a potpourri of swear words and considering throwing my computer out the window. That is, that's what I would do if this was MY computer; my PERSONAL computer.

Fortunately, my POS work laptop (in this case, POS is the brand name for Piece Of Shit) is the one that's PMSing, so the only form of grieving I can muster up is to shrug my shoulders and mutter a pathetic "well, that sucks" under my breath, and then go about all the other zillion things on my mind.

Alas, the help desk at my company's east coast headquarters declared that my most prized sales tool, my Toshiba tablet, must be shipped across country for further inspection leaving me without a work computer. Can't do much selling when you don't have your most prized sales tool, eh? So I called my boss, sounded really "sad," and he said "Well! I guess that means you're off the hook for a few days. Enjoy your time off." SA-WEEEEEET!

Free vacation/guilt-free hooky days are my favorite. I sincerely hope I didn't lose everything on my hard drive, though, because that really would suck.

Hmm... what should I do on Day 2 of Free Hooky?

2 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

I am SOOO jealous. My company would make me use my personal and get on with my work day.

Have fun!

weezermonkey said...

Spa and/or eat some great food during hooky.