Sunday, April 20, 2008

My First Tag on the Blog Playground!

My pretty, Southern, newlywed friend Jordana tagged me in a Quirky Survey and now I get to answer! I love these things. I don't know if it's the idea of self promotion or finding a new way to discover my own personality, but I definitely don't shy up at the opportunity to complete these. Apparently I'm supposed to tag others, but we have all the same Blog BFFs so the only one I can think to tag is my soon-to-be Mister! B, be a good almost-husband and go do this on your blog!

 

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.


So, quirks and all, here's ME


1. I'm obsessed with washing my hands and that continuous clean feeling. Like clockwork, I will get up from my chair at a restaurant after flipping through a menu and go wash my hands. If I'm running errands all day, I'll stop to wash my hands in the middle because I can't stand when they are warm and swollen with that dirty feeling. You should see me do my Bathroom Ballet. I manage to do my thing, wash my hands and exit without touching a single thing.


2. I can't stand certain noises. Whistling, tapping on things (but not tap dancing), other nose or mouth sounds all drive me up a wall. Especially when I'm concentrating, I will go nuts. When I took the PSAT in 10th grade, this strange kid sat behind me and he had a nose whistle that sounded like a fog horn compared to the silent room full of concentrating brains. I blame him for my poor results. Also, people at the theater kill me. Just because you have a program in your hand doesn't mean you have to flip the pages or slap it on your lap in rhythm with the music. People can hear you. I can hear you.


3. I don't like air blasting in my car unless I just got in and it's really hot. This usually only happens in the summertime. This is because the air blast will dry up my contact lenses and well, that's just not good while I'm driving. So, I prefer a stuffier/still air car, especially when I'm at the helm. This causes quite an exchange between B and me.


4. I haven't seen a lot of movies. I mean, I have. But, all these "classic" movies that makes everyone gawk at me for having gone all these years without seeing remain absent from my film experience. For example, B is strapping me down next week to make me watch the original Star Wars trilogy. I'm also a traitor to my generation as I typically don't have any desire to see any Molly Ringwald movies or any other '80s must-sees.  And when it comes to fantasy/sci-fi/ridiculous adventure types (no LOTR for me and flicks like Independence Day, and most Harrison Ford films, including all Indianas), I have zero desire to see them. I guess I like real-life, smart, very possible movies. For example, I'd much rather watch The Upside of Anger or Spanglish or Sideways than sit through a bunch of aliens fighting with lava lamps or whatever. It's fine. I'll report back next week after I get acquainted with Chewbacca and the other guys from Star Tours.

5. I can do princess voices. I have this fantasy dream of being a voiceover artist. I mean, I can do more than princess voices, but it's my favorite one. I love doing vocal imitations of people -- celebrity or common -- and nothing would please me more than to be in a recording booth and creating a character. I remember I used to watch Disney's Cinderella as a kid all the time and walk around talking like her. I would even respond to my mom looking down and saying "yes, Stepmother." Yeah, my parents aren't divorced.


6. My iPod is pretty lame. I mean, it's pink and cute and engraved with a quote from Wicked courtesy of B, but that says it all. I have like 3 mainstream albums in there. The rest is all showtunes. My iPod is not the one we grab when we get in the car on our way for a night out of partying. No one wants to get in the mood for some adult beverages to the tune of "There's No Business Like Show Business." Oh well!

 

So, like I said, I tag B!

2 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

I feel you on the air conditioning! I hate it when it blasts right at me. It must bounce off something else before hitting me. And all in all, I'm a windows down/stagnant air type of girl.

I also have no desire to see those old cult classics. Chris fell over the other day when he realized he had married a woman who had never seen Goonies.

KZ said...

Too funny. I laughed at "...aliens fighting with lava lamps." I love all those movies, but it's true, sometimes it looks like weird rubbery things fighting with toasters.