Thursday, April 17, 2008

Love Knots

I joined the Knot when I got engaged because I heard about it through a friend. I figured I'd dive right in and learn everything wedding! I imagined I'd participate on the message boards that are about dresses, etiquette, honeymoons and all the other national boards that are themed to certain topics.

 

And then I met the L.A. Board.

 

And I never even clicked on a national board again.

 

These L.A. girls get it. They are fun and sassy and they have produced some very inspirational weddings. What became a resource became an addiction and what became an addiction became a cluster of friendships that seem too pure and sincere to have been derived from ... THE INTERNET! <gasp!>

I've never left the L.A. Board since. Nothing feels better than to get confirmation about a vendor's practices via reviews from REAL PEOPLE. It's so reassuring to see other planning brides thinking about some of the same concepts and ideas. I am happy knowing that I am accepted and I completely enjoy helping out a fella bride in need.

I never really understood how a message board could ever be such a rock during a time of need. I do now and I am so happy to have discovered it 13 months ago.

3 comments:

ingrid said...

:)

Anne K. in L.A. said...

I never thought I would have met such good friends on the {whispering} internet either.

Unknown said...

Me too! The best part is when I talk about you guys to all my other friends and I have to explain that I met you on...THE INTERNET!!!